Thanksgiving Candy Turkeys
My mom has been making these Turkey table toppers for years. She got the idea from my Grandma. I don’t know exactly when we started, but I can’t remember a Thanksgiving growing up that we haven’t had these next to each place setting. The kids and adults love them. We always used M&Ms,but then switched to skittles due to a peanut allergy in the family.
The last few years we have been trying out other ideas, but I still think of these M&M turkeys when I think of Thanksgiving. They’re perfect to put on the table next to each place setting or to pile in a basket to give away after dinner. I hope you will share your Thanksgiving traditions in the comments below!
Click here to download FREE printable supply list and instructions!
For each turkey, you will need:
- 9 1/2″ square of brown tulle
- 1/2 brown pipe cleaner
- 1″ orange pipe cleaner
- 2 googly eyes
- 6″ ribbon, glue gun or other glue (for eyes)
- 1/4 c. small candies (M&Ms, Reeses Pieces, Skittles, Candy Corn, etc.)
- You can also add about 1/2″ red pip cleaner for a wattle hanging off of the turkey beak. (optional)
- cut the Tulle into 9 1/2″ squares
- cut brown pipe cleaner in half and roll it up for the turkey head
- approx. 1″ orange pipe cleaner for beak, fold in half around outside edge of brown pipe cleaner (see picture). Can also add small piece of red pipe cleaner around beak for turkey wattle (optional).
- glue googly eyes on to brown pipe cleaner (optional). When we make 50 or more, we don’t always worry about the eyes. (they’re still cute without them)
- fill brown tulle with candy (about 1/4 c.), pull edges together, and tie together with ribbon to make turkey body
- push turkey head into the turkey body
Download your free PDF Supply sheet & Instructions:
Check out more diy posts here:
or this must have Thanksgiving Day Activity Book for the kids